Most consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. This is why online reviews for your small business is very important.
It is understandable if you are hesitant in providing a customer review section on your website, as it allows for negative feedback, but not allowing any reviews at all can make your customers hesitant too. Customer reviews and testimonials build credibility and trust with your consumers, even those that are not completely positive.
Also, chances are, you are already being reviewed across the Web via apps and sites like Yelp, Zomato, and even in social media like Facebook and Google Plus, which allows customers to review businesses by leaving a comment and a rating. In other words, there is really no way to stop customers from reviewing you online. But, you can respond to these negative reviews in a positive way that helps your customers, your business, and your online reputation.
5 Ways to Deal With Negative Reviews
- Respond right away – Responding even to the negative reviews and comments shows that you care.
- Admit your mistakes – Everyone makes mistakes, even you and your company.
- Address and correct the issue, if applicable – Was there a problem regarding your product? Or did you encounter problems regarding shipping and handling? Let the customer know that you are working on the situation.
- Be personable – Write like a person, not like a corporation. Make the customer feel comfortable explaining their issue.
- Provide compensation, if appropriate – Offer a replacement product, or an extended warranty. Or, provide a discount the next time they visit your store.